Standish Shore Oyster Farm
Grow out method
Our belons are wild oysters that grow in 10 to 20 feet of water. Our fishermen dive to the bottom and then wet-store them on their rafts. Harvested to order!
• Harpswell Island / Casco Bay – Midcoast Maine.
Size and Availability
• 3 to 4 inches.
• Available September through May.
• Salty and tangy with a distinct copper finish.
Flavor Influenced By
• Salinity: 3.0% < 3.5% full oceanic salinity
• Tides: Large cold tides provide a strong marine influence and introduce an abundance of food
• Bottom Makeup: Pebbled bottom.